The club is celebrating its fifth birthday this week, here's five things you might not know about Ramsbottom Running Club:
1. An informal group called Trails and Tribulations was the precursor to Ramsbottom Running Club 👀
The Facebook group still exists and here's the description...
"Informal trail runs every Tuesday evening starting in Ramsbottom. Meet next to the Urn for a 7pm start"
2. Our first ever planned run didn't actually happen due to a torrential downpour so we ended up having a pint in the Brewery instead!
Rebecca came prepared!
3. Our club kit nearly looked like this 😬👇🏽
After an exciting series of online vote-offs by our early club members, we whittled down our kit to these two monstrosities! It was only after a last minute alternative was thrown in that resulted in our current super-stylish kit eventually being chosen 😅
4. We used to all fit in the downstairs of The Brewery on a Tuesday night! We soon outgrew our initial meeting place of course and the club has now welcomed nearly 450 members, as well as hundreds of other visitors to our weekly club sessions.
5. We have a ClubTwin! Ramsbottom Running Club is twinned with Kembla Joggers who are based in Wollongong, Australia and a few of our members have even been out to visit them!